Excitingly our first weekend of ‘normal’ sport draws closer! We urge any of you wanting to enter events to do so in good time. Our Organisers have ‘decision to run’ (or not) dates and they will have to cancel the event if they do not have sufficient entries on this date to make running viable.
PLEASE help us to help them by entering in good time!
Ballot/ Decision to run dates are on Tuesday 23rd March for the following events:
- Breckenbrough – 10-11 April
- South of England – 10-11 April
- Weston Park – 10-11 April
- Norton Disney (1) – 10-11 April
- Larkhill – 10-11 April
- Barefoot Retreats Burnham Market International (1) – 16 – 18 April
- Ascott under Wychwood – 17-18 April
- Voltaire Design Eland Lodge (1) – 17 – 18 April
Please make sure you get your entries in prior to Ballot date if you intend to run!
We are delighted to announce that Bicton will replace Equi-trek Bramham International on 10 – 13 June running the same classes as originally scheduled for Bramham.
Belsay International, running 3 – 5 June, will now also host a CCI2*L for Juniors.
We look forward to being able to announce replacement fixtures for the classes due to be held at both Dodson & Horrell Chatsworth International and Fairfax & Favour Rockingham International shortly.
Thanks to all Organisers for stepping in to replace these key fixtures and a huge thank you to our Fixtures Panel for all their work.
The current advice from the Government remains ‘Stay safe, Stay local’.
Our protocols for competitors can be found here. We are starting the season with the same protocols we used at the end of last season. We will flex these where safe to so in line with government guidelines, with the next update effective from 12th April. We look forward to being able to gradually and safely return to a more normal sport as the summer progresses.
The latest BEF update is available here. We are working with our stakeholders on how to practically implement the new requirements and will contact each member, as well as providing an update in our next weekly email, on any new requirements.
Science Supplements Area Festivals
We have sent emails to those who have already achieved the qualifying results for an Area Qualifier or Area Championships for 2021. This is an exciting new initiative for 2021 and we look forward to seeing many of you taking up the opportunity to take part in an Area Festival later in the Spring!
There is still time to qualify for the 2021 Area Festivals with this qualifying period concluding on 2 May. Further details including rules and eligibility can be found HERE.
2020 BE90 and BE100 Championship
The survey sent to competitors impacted by the cancellation of Badminton 2021 has now closed. The survey was sent to 203 competitors with 150 responses submitted. The feedback from the survey was as follows: 74.67% (112) opted for an alternative venue to be found to host the Championships in 2021; 12% (18) opted for direct entry into an Area Qualifier and 13.3% (20) selected neither.
The tender process will therefore now begin to find a suitable alternative venue to host the rescheduled BE90 and BE100 Championships in 2021.
Head office support
As a reminder, the Head Office is open Monday to Thursday, with phone lines open 9.30am – 3pm on these days.
There are a few ways that you can help us to help you:
- Vouchers for discounted memberships and horse season tickets – please ensure that you click apply when adding each voucher at the checkout process. Please note there is a maximum of five vouchers that can be used in any one purchase transaction.
- Logging in to the website – If you have previously logged in to the website but have forgotten your password, please use the Forgotten Password link. This will provide you a link to reset the password.
- Membership, Horse Registration and Season Tickets – Please complete the horse registration process, renew your membership, and purchase your season tickets/day passes ahead of the ballot date of the event to which you wish to compete. Contact to the office is always high on ballot dates and we may not be able to respond as quickly as we might on other days.
- Horse Passports – Please remember to send your horse passport details when you first register your horse. Delays in doing so may result in you being unable to complete your entries.
- FEI Registrations and Passport Applications – Please submit these well ahead of the event for which they are required. We will endeavor to process these as quickly as possible and within our normal timescales but this cannot be guaranteed and we are unable to offer a fast track service.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon!