The popular Eventer Derby Series 2018 will launch on Sunday 27th May for the first of 6 dates split between two venues at Warwick Hall and Frenchfield Park.
A combined show jumping and cross country competition designed to be fun and educational for both experienced and novice horses & ponies – with absolutely NO dressage! A course of 9-11 show jumps followed immediately by a ‘short course’ of 14-16 cross country fences including a bank, ditch (optional alternative), water and combinations over a 1200-1500m track. Ideal for pre affiliated eventing experience. Optimum times set between 325 and 450m/minute.
Class 1. 95-100cm – NB this class will use the least technical fences from the BE100 course
Class 2. 85-90cm – NB. this class will use the lower and least technical fences from the BE90 course
Class 3. 75-80cm – NB. this class will use the lower, most inviting and least technical fences from the BE80 course
There will be a Junior and Senior Section to each class. Please state on the Entry Form process.
Entries can be made HERE
There are 6 events in the series with rider and horse combinations accumulating points over the year with their best four scores to counting towards the Eventer Derby Series for Junior (year of 18th birthday), and Senior (over 18) riders. Sponsor prizes and rosettes for the top 3.
There are of course some rules:
Cumbria Horse Trials ‘Arena Eventing’ Competition Rules & Terms:
PLEASE NOTE: The courses are ONLY available to walk on the day of the event from 8 am
- All classes open to any pony or horse 12.2hh/127cm or over
- Riders must be in the year of the 11th Birthday
- body Protectors and Helmets per British Eventing 2017 rule standards are compulsory
- Horses or Riders considered to be over qualified for any class i.e. they have won the same class more than 3 times or more usually compete at a higher level will be transfered to the next higher or appropriate class or, only accepted as an HC entry
- Entries are accepted for a maximum of 3 classes for any horse and 5 classes for rider
- The Judge’s decision is FINAL. A qualified BE Technical Adviser and/or BS Judge will be attending.
- Start Times published 3 days prior to competition date on the website (usually by 8 pm on Thursday)
- In the event of cancellation or abandonment, all entry fees will be refunded less a £8.00 admin charge except where an alternative date can be found.
- In the event of no-show, the entry fees will not be refunded unless the place is filled from a wait list or where the rider finds a replacement for their booking. A £8 admin fee will be deducted from the refund.
- In the event of withdrawal, the entry may be carried over to the next available date within the Series, thereafter a £5 admin fee will apply. Entries cannot be carried over into the following season.
- Competitors may ONLY have 3 refusals at any numbered obstacle (elimination) and a maximum of 6 across the entire course after which they will be compulsorily retired and must leave the course at walk.
Thank you for abiding by these Rules.