Frenchfield Park Horse Trials saw its first year with two events in 2018 when competitors enjoyed the fast flowing undulating terrain, sandy going and natural features. Frenchfield has incredible viewing and with ringside seating it’s are a perfect way to entertain parents and horse mad children. And, for 2019 we’ve made it very affordable to visit – admission will be just £10 per car, allowing up to 4 occupants entry for the whole day and the same occupants may return for the second day for FREE.
Competitors will be taking part in classes including British Eventing Novice, Under18, BE100, BE90 & BE80Training and these may be entered using the www.bdwp.co.uk website HERE.
Competitors entering this event also have the opportunity to qualify for their respective Novice regional finals (see Warwick Hall (2) 15/16 June) and the BE100 & BE90 Championship final at Badminton in 2020. BE80 competitors will also qualify for the Kelsall Hill Championship by competiting at Warwick Hall (3) in July. The BE80 Championships will take place at Burghley from 2020.
Click To View All Stabling Information (Updated 5th March 2019)
Stabling Providers within striking distance of Cumbria Horse Trials competitions.
- Anne Collier, Blackdyke Equestrian Centre, Blackford, Carlisle. CA6 4EY. 12 STABLES. email@example.com. Tel. 01228 674633
- Newton Rigg College, Penrith, CA11 0AH. 01768 893442 firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Sally Bennet, Sebergham, Carlisle, CA5 7HP. 4 STABLES. email@example.com. Tel. 016974 76152. Turnout available on request and B+B with evening meal for riders/grooms.
- Emma Greenland, Ivy House Stables, Skelton, Penrith CA11 9UB. 15 STABLES. emmagreenland@Hotmail.com. Tel. 017684 84821 www.ivyhousestables.com
- Ann Lawson, Heads Nook, Brampton. CA8 9AF. 10 STABLES (7.5max vehicle size). firstname.lastname@example.org. Tel. 07778781061 B+B also available
- Marj Smith, Mount Farm B&B, Blackford, Carlisle, CA6 4ER. 4 stables (straw, but shaving by arrangement) and b&b accommodation with full breakfast. email@example.comTel – 07837894602 or 01228 674641. www.themountfarmbandb.co.uk
- Lanercost Equestrian and Country Accommodation, Brampton. CA8 2HL. 4 STABLES. Tel. 01697 543009. Hay/haylage, bedding and feed available to purchase or owners can provide their own. Small equestrian shop on site. 2 en suite rooms and serve either continental or full English breakfast. Deborah Whiteford, St Mary’s Vale, Lanercost.
- Barbara Schindler, Lilac House Southwaite CA4 0ND. 2 STABLES. firstname.lastname@example.org. Mobile no. is 07821 687664. B&B Accommodation also available.
Click to view local accommodation providers (updating early March 2019)
Click to view trade stand and exhibitors
All catering trade stand space has now been allocated for 2019. Some non-food trade space remains. All enquiries to Lucinda Weymouth.
- Katy Edgar Outside Catering
- Alf’s Mobile Wood Fired Pizzas
- Top Stocks
- Todds Saddlery
- Grossick Photography
- An Eventful Life Video
- Arion Equestrian Clothing
Just look what’s on offer…
Located just 2 miles from M6 Junction 40 ‘Gateway to The North Lakes’ reaching Frenchfield Horse Trials couldn’t be easier.
With a traditional outdoor grassland type setting, this fabulously open site with views across to both The Lake District and Northern Pennine Fells provides spectators and participants with a magnificent backdrop for each event.
We often see Olympic and European champions with their younger horses competing at our events – the action is never far away and spectators can enjoy the spectacle all the more for it.
A typical day sees the dressage start at 8 am, the Show Jumping at 9 am and, the Cross Country by 10 am and these will run until late afternoon. Full commentary on the cross country action is provided. Class scores may be viewed on TV screens in the Main Marquee open to everyone.
Specialist trade and catering stands are on site. There are disabled access areas. Parking is designated into Public and Competitors areas. Directions to the event are yellow road signs from A6/A66 Roundabout. See Map below.
Complimentary access may be gained by either display of the BE Member Car Pass, Cumbria Horse Trials Car Pass or display of the 2019 Car Sticker issued to exclusive local accommodation providers.
Standard vehicle entry £10 per car with second day entry free. Vehicle Entry tickets may be found in the SHOP.
Once again. huge thanks go out to our title, class and fence sponsors throughout 2019 for providing us with the financial support needed to run the Cumbria Horse Trials Series. The sport needs sponsors to cover the costs of professionally run events, which now must meet the minimum standards set by British Eventing. Expectations from everyone reach new highs every year and without secondary financial sources beyond competitor entry fees the events would neither be viable or sustainable. Most support inevitably comes from businesses involved with the equestrian world or from generous supporters of horse trials through their connection as an owner, rider or volunteer and this key financial support allows them to reach competitors both ringside, out on the cross country courses, over the PA system and across the digital media. Just occasionally we make it into the print in newspapers and magazines!